Writer’s Relief, Inc. is a highly recommended author’s submission service. Established in 1994, Writer’s Relief will help you target the best markets for your creative writing. Visit their website at http://www.writersrelief.com to receive their FREE Submit Write Now! newsletter (today, via e-mail), which contains valuable leads, guidelines, and deadlines for writing in all genres.
This April is the twentieth anniversary of National Poetry Month! For many of us, the love and appreciation of poetry started back when we were children first learning to read. The staff at Writer’s Relief has compiled a list of their favorite classic and contemporary poems, nursery rhymes, and rhyming books from childhood.
1. “Jabberwocky” by Lewis Carroll
2. “Wynken, Blynken, and Nod” by Eugene Field
3. “The Cat in the Hat” by Dr. Seuss
4. “The Mummy” by Shel Silverstein
5. “A Visit from St. Nicholas” by Clement Clarke Moore
6. “Mary’s Lamb” by Sarah Josepha Hale
7. “Sand-Between-the-Toes” by A.A. Milne
8. “Masks” by Shel Silverstein
9.“Goodnight Moon” by Margaret Wise Brown
10. “Paul Revere’s Ride” by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
11. “Dirty Face” by Shel Silverstein
12. “Green Eggs and Ham” by Dr. Seuss
13. “Star Light, Star Bright” by Anonymous
14. “Bed in Summer” by Robert Louis Stevenson
15. “Hug O’ War” by Shel Silverstein
From effectively targeting markets, writing dynamic query letters, building authors’ online platforms, and much more—find out how Writer’s Relief can boost your exposure and maximize your acceptance rate.